PILOTENKUECHE handpicks local artists from around Leipzig to participate with the international artists for a period of three months on our art program. This program aims to support the local art scene and to connect it to international artists. Our concept strives to create a communal space for experimental collaboration and discourse between participants, as well as with the greater Leipzig community.
Our art program is a multifaceted. By participating in our residency, each artist joins for social events, external studio visits and gallery tours. as well as scheduled consultations, culminating in at least two exhibitions. We also maintain engagements with several partners and introduce our artists to potential new exhibition contacts and venues.
The program is always looking for artists. We accept applications at any time.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
During the 3 months, Local Participants are free to join our weekly program, request a consultation, and join the project exhibitions. Since Local participants have their own studios, we do not provide a working place at PILOTENKUECHE. With this framework in mind, we intend to elicit an engaged response in a stimulating environment between locals and international participants.
- approximately 2 Local Participants participate in the program with approximately 11 International Residents
- studio space is not provided to Local Participants
- costs / participation fee: 0,00 EUR* / 3 months, per artist
- the fee covers administrative costs
- studio costs, art materials & living accommodation are additional
*The fee includes the full stipend of 900 EUR from PILOTENKUECHE, with directly subsidizes the full program fee of 900 EUR. A further support is not provided.
- social activities, studio & gallery visits and museum tours
- selected artists participate in our events & exhibitions:
- preview exhibition
- final exhibition: final group show
- disciplines: activism, architecture, conceptual, design, digital, drawing, film, installation, intervention, mixed media, technology, intermedia, literature, painting, performance, photography, printmaking, sculpture, sound, video or other disciplines of arts
- Language: English / German
- individual consultations by agreement with curatorial advice
- curation, event & exhibition organisation for exhibitions
- web-, graphic-, & advertising / press design, its production & release for the project (roundmails to up to 1400 subscribers, posts to more than 4000 facebook followers, our new instagram nearly 1000 followers and growing)
- documentation of the project
- general administration, organization & coordination of the project
some of these services are done in home office if the team is not present in the studio
EXPECTATIONS of THE ARTIST
Participating artists are expected to participate with the overall program objectives, to contribute to a collective enterprise, and be open to work with others.
Who can apply?
Artists from all artistic disciplines (installation, videoart, sculpture, electronic music, painting, drawing, performance, photography, net art etc.) are invited to send us a proposal. The artist needs to be based in or around Leipzig to apply.
How to apply?
Please send us an email. The application should include:
- a short CV
- an artist statement
- representative number of examples of your work and a link to your website
- Application Form
We offer the following participation periods per year:
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
- October – December
- Round April – June 2020: 30.06.19
- Round July – Sept. 2020: 30.09.19
- Round Oct. – Dec. 2020: 30.12.19
- Round Jan. – March 2021: 30.03.20
You can apply any time. Send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by submitting all required information.
Please read our “Application Guide” to read more details and get an overview of the provided information.